Amber Baggette - Muscle Person and Pinky Promise


Muscle Person

Pinky Promise Red

Pinky Promise Black


For my small kite, I went for the connection theme. In my kite, it shows six hands, in three rows and two in each row. It shows the two hands coming together in a “pinky promise” and then to “sealed it with a kiss/sealed it with a stamp”. At the hands’ wrists, you can see lines and swirls coming out, I made those to represent the red string of faith.  

I first thought of “pinky promise”, because in most of our childhoods when we had a connection with someone and trusted someone, we would promise each other with a pinky promise. It is a reference to a more innocent time. 

I got the “sealed it with a kiss/sealed it with a stamp” was when I used to watch Japanese animations and watching other Asian dramas where the phrase came up a lot. When you do a pinky promise and seal it with a kiss it is like sealing the deal on what you have promised. I thought it was a cute meaning and could be used in this connection project.  The lines and swirls coming out of the wrists’, was me trying to represent the red string of faith-based on an old Japanese legend basically says that everyone has somebody that is connected at the other end of there strings. We are always connected, someone. That is was another thing added to this connection theme.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Katya Hutchinson - Dogwood and Dunes

Tiana Robinson - United Hands and Connecting Circles